Last updated: 1 May 2020
MacArthur Museum Brisbane ("us", "we", or "our") operates https://www.mmb.org.au (the "Site"). This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information we receive from users of the Site.
We use your Personal Information only for providing and improving the Site. By using the Site, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
Information Collection And Use
We will hold your Personal Information in accordance with this privacy statement and we will:
- tell you when and for what purpose we will be collecting the information;
- tell you what information is necessary to access our products and services, including payments and transactions;
- not ask for or collect any sensitive information about you unless it is necessary to meet legal, public interest or statistical requirements to complete the requested transaction;
- take all reasonable steps to permanently remove personal identification from the information collected about you if it is no longer needed.
Like many site operators, we collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Site ("Log Data").
This Log Data may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics.
In addition, we may use third party services such as Google Analytics that collect, monitor and analyze this. (Please refer to www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners for additional privacy options, if any). We do not process or respond to web browsers’ “do not track” signals or other similar transmissions that indicate a request to disable online tracking of users who use Our Products and Services.
We will not disclose your personal information to any other person or organisation unless one of the following reasons apply:
- you have given us your consent to do so;
- the information is needed to conduct a transaction between you and that person or organisation;
- we are required by law to do so;
- there are grounds to believe disclosure will prevent a threat to life or health;
- that person or organisation is providing a service to us and is required to maintain the same or similar privacy legislation principles.
Cookies are files with small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a web site and stored on your computer's hard drive.
Like many sites, we use "cookies" to collect information. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Site.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
When handling your information, we will:
- take reasonable steps to ensure that all information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete, up-to-date and securely stored;
- monitor transmissions sent to or from us for quality control and systems administration;
- strive to protect your personal information from misuse, loss and unauthorised access, however we cannot guarantee 100% security.